ELAP – INTRODUCTION WORKSHOP
– Pivotal for this training is movement research, exploring sensorial perception, self development and applied somatics in performance.
– The Embodied life art program is an uncovering process unlike mainstream dance practices.
– The weight of this program is given to the ‘performative practice’ in relation to improvisation as instant composition.
– The pedagogical approach is facilitating a context for students to be autonomous and own their own process.
– This program is a lens through which to look at one’s growth, the dance practice is used as a way to get in contact with one’s deep nature and observe patterns in order to stimulate a dialogue between art practice and life, supporting a process of integration.
Oct 13 – 2019: 11:00-17:00
Introduction Workshop 1
Topic: Pelvis & Psoas
The pelvis is the main engine of our movement: the understanding of its anatomy and functions is crucial for generating and sustaining movement as well as presence. The iliopsoas muscle plays a vital role, influencing our physical and emotional body.
Initiators and Teachers: Marisa Grande and Iris van Peppen
Location: Studio 3 Utrecht
Single workshop € 60,-