ELAP – INTRODUCTION WORKSHOP 1
- The body, as a whole intelligent organism, is the focal point and the departure for learning.
- Pivotal for this training is movement research, exploring sensorial perception, self development and applied somatic in performance.
- ELAP approaches composition from the body systems that have their own unique manifestation and organization of space and time.
- It offers the opportunity to study instant composition as a performance skill and a way to navigate in life.
- ELAP is an uncovering process unlike mainstream dance practices.
- Imagination is rooted in the body supporting and feeding the 3 pillars: embodied practice – creative process – performative body.
- The pedagogical approach is facilitating a context for students to be autonomous and own their own process.
- This program is a lens through which to look at one’s growth, the dance practice is used as a way to get in contact with one’s deep nature and observe patterns in order to stimulate a dialogue between art practice and life, supporting a process of integration.
November 17 – 11:00-17:00
Introduction Workshop 1
Topic: Pelvis and Psoas.
The pelvis is the main engine of our movement: the understanding of its anatomy and functions is crucial for generating and sustaining movement as well as presence. The iliopsoas muscle plays a vital role, influencing our physical and emotional body.
Initiators and Teachers: Marisa Grande and Iris van Peppen
Location: Studio 3 Utrecht
Single workshop € 60,-